Live your best life. Experiences bring more happiness than material things. I’m always trying to do as much as I can as quickly as possible, so I can get on with my daily life – juggling kids, work and marriage, but let’s try to incorporate happy experiences to help live our best life.
1. JOY: Do things that bring Joy to you as a person. After traveling to Pebble Beach for a PGA golf tournament with our family. I asked myself — “How do I find more time to relax in my primary home”. So, after I returned from my trip – I rearranged some areas in my home with cute seating nooks and new magazines, to help try to slow down my pace for a 5 minute relaxation session.
This Eucalyptus Oil ShowerMist was a gift from my mom that I use daily in the shower. I love it! The scent of the eucalyptus is my all time favorite to get the Day Spa feeling with just one spray.
2. MOTIVATION: Surround yourself with people that motivate you. Whether it’s work, friends or fitness… we all need a little boost in different areas in our life.
*Work: Have a weekly “work” session with a friend at a local coffee shop – to get motivated to get emails out, etc.
*Fitness: Do it with a friend, maybe a walk around the block with a friend every Monday? Join an online fitness group – I love www.beachbody.com – email me if you are interested in joining Beach Body and I can help guide you. email@example.com
3. CELEBRATE: My hubs is all about “Celebrating Life”. He always says life is short let’s schedule a “Life Dinner”. Whether it’s inviting your family friends over or meeting up at a local restaurant – go celebrate life. Enjoy good food, conversation and laughing. Now hubs is sponsored by Tommy Bahama and their philosophy is about celebrating life. Cheers to life!
Hugs. Hope these tools help you smile more throughout the day.
This soup is definitely one of my favorites. Asparagus has always been a favorite of mine and I think its a great way to incorporate greens into my diet. I’m all about simple, quick and delicious foods with very little clean up – So, I created this incredibly simple combo of onion, asparagus, and chicken broth! It ended up being so full of flavor for how little ingredients it has!! Here’s how I did it:
1. Sauté 1/2 yellow onion in olive oil until transparent (about 5 minutes)
2. Cut a hand full of asparagus into inch pieces and roast in a little olive oil for 10 minutes on 400 degrees
3. Add 5 cups of chicken broth to a pot
4. Add onions and asparagus to the broth
1. Kids Bath Bombs – The Perfect Gift for Kids that is not a Toy
The kids love these bath bombs because it makes bath time something to look forward to, and I love them because it doesn’t add to our collection of toys. What I love about Sky Organics is that they put organic essential oils into their formula along with organic coconut oil. It’s moisturizing, which I love for the kids in the winter and the oils really help them relax which helps me get them to bed. Also, they have no artificial colors or scents, they are completely safe for kids! Bath Bombs $26.99
2. Mini Checkers- Get your Mini Checkers here
This is the perfect gift for your little gamer. We love miniature games like this because they’re cute and easy to travel with- perfect to pull out when the kids are getting little bored on the plane. My son is 6 and loves playing checkers!
3. Inflatable reindeer antlers Get the Antlers.
Aren’t these hilarious?! These antlers are so simple, but I know the kids will go crazy for it. The great thing is about these is I can deflate them and put away for next year.
4. Spirograph Playlet Buy the Spirograph
Another awesome activity that will fit in a stocking AND in your little ones carry on…so entertaining. Comes with 6 different wheels and 2 pens!!
Hope you enjoy! Try to keep the holidays simple. Hugs.
This is a perfect salad to take on-the-go. It’s easy to make and stays fresh longer.
Once you experience it – you will continue to crave it!
Benefits: High in Vitamin K & Antioxidants.
- 1 bunch of Kale
- 1/2 cup Quinoa
Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing:
- 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1/3 cup Olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp honey
- splash of salt and pepper
- Start by combining 1 cup of water with ½ cup dry quinoa in a saucepan and bring it to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 mins. Drain remaining water that is leftover after quinoa is tender and cooked. Place quinoa in a glass container and place in refrigerator until it’s getting cold.
- While the quinoa is cooking you can finely chop the Kale.
- Once the quinoa has been cooked and refrigerated toss with kale, quinoa, and lemon vinaigrette together! Yummy.
For Lemon Vinaigrette
Whisk together all the “dressing” ingredients in a small bowl.
Life is busy. . . Work, kids, travel, family, bills etc.
I work towards finding balance in my life every day – but some days are better than others. Prioritizing and focusing on what matters most helps keep a positive lookout.
Stay Centered – find time for yourself, prioritize family time and give thanks to what you’ve been blessed with.
Savor the little things that make you happy!
BALANCE: I work on finding balance in my life every day – but some days are better than others. One thing that helps me is prioritizing and focusing on what matters most – my family.
AT HOME – BE ENGAGED: When it comes to my kids, I try to make sure I’m present with as few distractions as possible during breakfast, dinnertime, and bedtime. As hard as it may be to put my devices down, during these times I try to not have my devices in sight.
DATE NIGHTS: It’s important to connect with your spouse. Keep date nights simple, but special. During most of our date nights, we find ourselves talking about our kids over dinner.
ROUTINES and RITUALS: Kids love predictability. Establishing routines with bath and bedtime etc. and prep your kids in advance if there will be some changes in the routine.
TAKE IT OUTSIDE: Being in Nature as a family may make every member of our crew happier. In the summer, take a cruise on a bike. In the winter, try to squeeze in outdoor activities.