This soup is definitely one of my favorites. Asparagus has always been a favorite of mine and I think its a great way to incorporate greens into my diet. I’m all about simple, quick and delicious foods with very little clean up – So, I created this incredibly simple combo of onion, asparagus, and chicken broth! It ended up being so full of flavor for how little ingredients it has!! Here’s how I did it:
1. Sauté 1/2 yellow onion in olive oil until transparent (about 5 minutes)
2. Cut a hand full of asparagus into inch pieces and roast in a little olive oil for 10 minutes on 400 degrees
3. Add 5 cups of chicken broth to a pot
4. Add onions and asparagus to the broth
This is a perfect salad to take on-the-go. It’s easy to make and stays fresh longer.
Once you experience it – you will continue to crave it!
Benefits: High in Vitamin K & Antioxidants.
- 1 bunch of Kale
- 1/2 cup Quinoa
Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing:
- 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1/3 cup Olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp honey
- splash of salt and pepper
- Start by combining 1 cup of water with ½ cup dry quinoa in a saucepan and bring it to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 mins. Drain remaining water that is leftover after quinoa is tender and cooked. Place quinoa in a glass container and place in refrigerator until it’s getting cold.
- While the quinoa is cooking you can finely chop the Kale.
- Once the quinoa has been cooked and refrigerated toss with kale, quinoa, and lemon vinaigrette together! Yummy.
For Lemon Vinaigrette
Whisk together all the “dressing” ingredients in a small bowl.